Monday, March 17, 2014

Was It Worth It......

Hate to say it, but NOPE! It wasn't worth it.

Last year at this time, I had not completely detoxed by body and I still had my corned beef and cabbage for good ol' St. Patrick's Day.  A yearly tradition in many families including mine.  I have always loved my corned beef and cabbage.  So out to my health food stores I went, looking for a healthy corned beef.  
Well, I didn't find one, so I went to one of our regular grocery stores and got a store brand corned beef.  Cooked it the way that I usually do but with organic cabbage, potatoes, carrots and snap peas.  I was so looking forward to it.  But it just didn't taste as good as I thought it would.  

Fast forward to a few hours later......


I sit here typing this with my feet up because I have a lot of swelling.  My rings on my fingers are tight and I have something I haven't experienced in quite some time!  Bloating and a headache!!!  UGH!  

Lesson learned!  Even though my metabolism has been working in my favor, I cannot stray and by off brand meat and expect it not to affect me.  It really makes me realize that eating clean, healthy foods make a huge difference!  

Was it worth it?  No!  I have a bottle of water at my side and a bottle of Kombucha to hopefully help clean my system out.  Will I eat like this again?  I don't think so.  I don't like the way I am feeling right now.  

What will I eat from now on?  My meat from a trusted local source that is grass fed.  I don't want to feel like this EVER again! 

Back to my cultured foods, my fresh fruits and veggies.  In fact, tomorrow we have decided that we are going to have steamed veggies for dinner.  

Sad, yes because I always looked forward to my traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage, but next year, I will find a healthier alternative. 



2 comments:

  1. You can make your own corned beef with a nice grass-fed brisket, you just have to start about 2 weeks in advance to let it do it's thing. I don't think it's hard, it's just time intensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Trixie! I think that is what I am going to have to do next year. but I think it will be worth it to do that. Might have to practice a couple of times before St. Patrick's Day next year. :D

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment!