Thursday, October 10, 2013

AMAZING EASY & DELICIOUS NUT BUTTER COOKIE!


Doesn't this just look YUMMY?!?!?! 

10/20/2013---I am updating this with a few options for you!

Well it is!  My sister shared a recipe on FB with me that was for diabetics...but I don't like Stevia, so, I decided to change it up a bit.  I usually use Coconut Nectar in most of my recipes as a sweetener, but I decided to try Coconut Sugar.  It is still Low Glycemic, minimally processed and very very good. 

So without further ado, I give you the most
AMAZINGLY EASY & DELICIOUS GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE! 

Ingredients
1 cup Maranatha Organic Creamy Peanut Butter w/hint of sea salt 
You can also use Sunflower Seed Butter, Almond or Cashew Butter
1 cup Coconut Sugar 
1 Egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
(optional a dash or two of Ground Cinnamon) 

One word of warning with the Sunflower Butter...it is oilier than the other oils, which is why they end up more chewy.  

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all 4 ingredients until well blended. Lightly coat your cookie sheet with coconut oil. Grab about a teaspoon of the mix and squish together in your hand and roll into a ball then flatten out. (These do not rise)  Place on cookie sheet.  Dip a fork into a little bit of coconut sugar and press into cookie, making a crisscross design. (Optional) 

Bake for 12 minutes and let cool on the cookie sheet for a little while before transferring them to a cooling rack.  They might fall apart a little. Store in an airtight container.

That is it!  I highly recommend only eating one when you have a sweet tooth.  Put them away after they cool, or you could end up eating the whole batch and I don't recommend that!  

So there you have it.  Pretty simple huh? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment!