Friday, September 27, 2013

TAKE CARE OF YOUR MOUTH!

Gingivitis, or Periodontal disease is not a fun thing to have.  If let this go to long, you can develop other health problems, so it is important to take care of your mouth.  




Here are a few tips...this is what has worked for me but may not work for another. 
Make sure you brush your teeth regularly.  I use a homemade toothpaste of Tropical Traditions (Click Here) Gold Label Coconut Oil, Baking Soda, Coconut Nectar and Essential Oils.  Since using this the tartar on my teeth has decreased tremendously and I don't have bad breath.

Toothpaste

3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil <----Click Here to purchase
3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon of Coconut syrup
20 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil <----Click Here to purchase
5 drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil <----Click Here to purchase
5 drops of Shield Essential Oil  <----Click Here to purchase

I store this in a small glass Jelly Jar.  Each person in our family has their own jar.


 After I put a little on my toothbrush, I also sprinkle some Aztec Healing Bentonite Clay on top of the toothpaste.  Yes, I know it does not sound appealing to be brushing your teeth with mud, but trust me, my teeth have never looked better!  The healing clay will pull toxins and metals out of your mouth.  Not to worry if you have filings, it won't pull those out, but did you know that metal filing releases toxins into your body?  The healing clay will help with this. It also helps to provide essential minerals to the body.



OIL PULLING

This can take a little getting use to at first.  You might have to work up to the full 10-15 minutes at first.   Here are the steps that I take.

I will brush my teeth with just water before I oil pull.  You want to make sure you are pulling toxins and possible left over food.

Take a spoon full of Oil, some use Sunflower or Sesame Oil but I use Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil.  Then I will start slowly swishing it in my mouth, between my teeth.  I usually try to keep myself busy, the time will go by a lot faster if you are doing the dishes or whatever you can find to do.  Whatever you do, try not to swallow the oil, you don't want those toxins to go back into your body.

After time is up, then I spit it out and swish some warm salt water in my mouth, then I brush my teeth with the toothpaste above.

It is important that you make sure you rinse out the sink really well after you spit the oil from the oil pulling out.  You have just pulled all that "gunk" out of your mouth.  I usually wash out the sink, then spray it with my water mixed with Shield spray that I keep by my sink as a disinfectant.

Gingivitis Mouthwash

Then I rinse my mouth with this great mouthwash that will help with gingivitis or periodontal disease.  If you have inflammation of the gums or they are red or painful, this mouthwash is for you.  I use it more as a preventative. 

WARNING: THIS DOES CONTAIN ALCOHOL
But you don't drink it. 

In a glass bottle combine the following: 
1 cup of brandy
30 drops of thyme <----Click Here to purchase
30 drops of peppermint <----Click Here to purchase
10 drops of myrrh <----Click Here to purchase
10 drops of fennel <----Click Here to purchase

To use, add 2 or 3 teaspoons to half a glass of warm water and rinse.  
Thyme is great for treating gum infections. Fennel can be used to strengthen the gums and myrrh is great for its healing and tonic properties. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment!